Allow us to introduce you to a game changer... Dr. Chris Donaghue
*With Keynote Speech from Buster Ross, MA, CSC, LPC, CADC II**
- Break down the limiting cultural and psychological structures to create a more expansive and inclusive view of sexual-relational health
- Demonstrate how "normal" is oppressive and shaming
- Challenge current sexual diagnoses and disorders as flawed, pathologizing, and heteronormative
- Provide a new vision for sexual-relational health
- Psychological, Neuro, and Sexual differences aren’t disorders
- Challenging Shaming Narratives around Non-Normative Sex and Relationships
- Sex Addiction as Sex Phobia
- Sexual Diagnoses as Body Shaming and Policing of Diversity
- Deconstructing Intercourse Biased Sex
- Flaws of a Heteronormative Fantasy of Marriage
- Tyranny of Monogamy
- Gender, Identity and Orientation as Traumas
- Problems with Medical & Therapeutic Models
12:30-1:30pm Sex Nerd Trivia (Included with your ticket! Win big!)
1:45-2:30pm Keynote with Buster Ross, MA, CSC, LPC, CADC II
2:30-4:30pm Sexceptional Lecture with Dr. Chris Donghue!
Dr. Chris Donaghue is a Doctor of Clinical Sexology and Human Sexuality, Doctoral trained in Clinical Psychology, Licensed Clinical Therapist, and a Certified Sex Therapist.
Dr. Donaghue specializes in individual and couples sex and marital therapy, as well as sexual compulsivity, sexual anorexia, sexual dysfunctions, and non-traditional sexuality, identities, and relationships.
Dr. Donaghue is a member of American Association of Sex Counselors, Educators, and Therapists (AASECT) and the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS). Chris is one out of only four hundred individuals who completed the extra training to receive his CST Credentials.
Dr. Donaghue is the co-host of the new "Loveline Podcast with Amber Rose," a featured expert and guest co-host on CBS' "The Doctors" TV show, featured expert on VH1's "The Amber Rose Show." He has been featured on The Today Show, VICE, CNN, HLN, OWN, Nightline, Dr. Drew and featured in Newsweek, New York Times, Daily Beast, Men's Health, Cosmo, and National Geographic.
Dr. Chris Donaghue is the author of “Sex Outside the Lines: Authentic Sexuality in a Sexually Dysfunctional Culture,” that is currently used in the curriculum as UCLA, Princeton, and USC. Order the book on Amazon here.
Buster Ross is an AASECT-Certified Sexuality Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor II. Buster previously worked as the National LGBTQ Program Director at Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, where he continues to teach graduate students on topics related to human sexuality and substance use disorders. He currently is involved in developing training materials for doctors working harm reduction with opioid addicts, having been to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy and SAMHSA Headquarters on more than one occasion to consult on drug policy and treatment in the U.S.
This program is officially approved for 3.5 AASECT CEUs. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. Please see the AASECT website for full certification requirements.