THE BRAND NEW, FIRST EVER SOMATIC SEX THERAPEUTIC TRAINING IN THE WORLD!
He's back by popular demand with a GROUNDBREAKING training! Loveline co-host alongside Amber Rose, TV personality and Certified Sex Therapist, Dr. Chris Donaghue will deliver a BRAND NEW PROGRAM for the Golden Coast! Dr. Donaghue will be joined by Jamila Dawson LMFT, Kayna Cassard, LMFT, and Moushumi Ghose LMFT.
Tickets start at $45! Multiple options available including California CEs & full AASECT Certification training for all educational hours
Join us on October 19th & 20th (up to 15 CEs) to learn about Embodied and Mindful body-centered practices and theory, to help clients learn to be in their bodies, as well as ways to enhance pleasure, tolerate more intimacy, heal simple sexual trauma, and reduce body and sex shame. The average person does not access or engage their full sexuality or sexual body and doesn’t know what fully integrated body or sexuality feels like. Most sex therapies keep us trapped in our heads and never help get us fully into our body or sexuality. Great sex and full intimacy is about letting go, surrendering to our whole body, and staying out of our heads.
The skills and theory of this training are somatic based, and focused on bodily events that shape the psyche and sexuality (sexual-relational exercises and touch work) for clients to do at home. The work includes both Somatic sex therapy and mindfulness.
We will focus on bottom-up processing (embodiment) and less on talking. The problem with standard “mindfulness” is it’s disembodied, and it keeps you in your head, because it's not a true body based practice. Disembodied people doing mindfulness stay disembodied. Thus far mindfulness applied to sex doesn’t address or undue (sexual or body) shame or simple trauma either.
This training is a trauma informed, intersectional, gender neutral, body and sex positive practice.
SOMATIC WORK CAN HELP PEOPLE GAIN:
1. A better understanding of the sexual body, 2. Improved sexual and body communication skills, 3. Use of sex as a tool to connect, 4. Learning about your authentic sexual self, 5. Sexual and body confidence, 6. Removal of sexual anxieties, 7. Increased sexual pleasure, 8. Increased tolerance for intimacy.
1. Describe the theory and purpose behind somatic sex therapy and bottom-up processing
2. Assess the ways that disembodiment reduces sexual pleasure, maintains low levels of partner intimacy, and doesn’t allow sexual healing.
3. Discuss how touch and breath impact the nervous system and are a whole body tool for healing and reducing anxiety
4. Apply the tools and practices that break problematic sexual patterns, help clients get into their bodies, heal genital shame, engage authentic arousal patterns, and utilize their entire body sexually.
5. Explain mindful solo sex and partnered sex, embodied sexuality, and mindful porn use.
REGISTER FOR HALF DAY, 1 DAY OR FULL WEEKEND BELOW. Up to 15 AASECT, LMFT, LPC, LCSW & APA CEUs available.
**This seminar also offers 15 CE credits for Psychologists APA, LCSW, LMFT through R. Cassidy Seminars. You will be able to purchase your CE credits at the end of the seminar for $40 or right now HERE.**
(This program can also be registered individually or as part of our full sex therapy certification program) Register for the full sex therapy certification towards AASECT that already includes this weekend CLICK HERE.
**This seminar offers CE credits for many Psychologists APA, LCSW, MFT through R. Cassidy Seminars. You will be able to purchase your CE credits at the end of the seminar for $40 or right now HERE.**
This weekend program can be registered for separately OR as part of a full sex therapy certification training program for AASECT Credit. To register for the FULL program (which includes this weekend + 2 more + online program and more...) to gain all educational credits toward AASECT Certification, CLICK HERE.
FULL TRAINING SCHEDULE:
*BREAKS, SELF CARE TIME, AND EATING ARE ENCOURAGED AS NEEDED
Friday, Oct 19th, 9:30am - 5pm
- Introduction to Somatics and Sex Therapy
- Importance of Touch
- The Sex and Body Negativity Complex
- Pelvis, Breathing, Movement, Authenticity,
- Sex as Medicine- Sex Addiction and Dysfunctions
- Process Group and Clinical Discussion
Saturday, Oct 20th, 9am - 5pm
- Experiential Somatic Work
- The Nervous System
- Neurology- Sex, The BodyMind, and Touch
- The Practitioners Soma
- Mindful Masturbation
- Steps, Principles, Key Terms, Theory, and Treatment Goals
- Somatic Sex Therapy Exercises
- Sexceptional Lecture (open to all friends, partners and anyone that wants to learn, 2pm-4pm)
- Process Group and Clinical Discussion
DR. DONAGHUE'S BIOGRAPHY
Dr. Chris Donaghue is a Doctor of Clinical Sexology and Human Sexuality, Doctoral trained in Clinical Psychology, Licensed Clinical Therapist, and a Certified Sex Therapist. Dr. Donaghue specializes in individual and couples sex and marital therapy, as well as sexual compulsivity, sexual anorexia, sexual dysfunctions, and non-traditional sexuality, identities, and relationships. Dr. Donaghue is a member of American Association of Sex Counselors, Educators, and Therapists (AASECT) and the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS). Chris is one out of only four hundred individuals who completed the extra training to receive his CST Credentials.
Dr. Donaghue is the co-host of the new "Loveline Podcast with Amber Rose," a featured expert and guest co-host on CBS' "The Doctors" TV show, featured expert on VH1's "The Amber Rose Show." He has been featured on The Today Show, VICE, CNN, HLN, OWN, Nightline, Dr. Drew and featured in Newsweek, New York Times, Daily Beast, Men's Health, Cosmo, and National Geographic. Dr. Chris Donaghue is the author of “Sex Outside the Lines: Authentic Sexuality in a Sexually Dysfunctional Culture,” that is currently used in the curriculum as UCLA, Princeton, and USC. Order the book on Amazon here.
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for AASECT CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification.