We interview Dr. Joe Kort in this third installment from the recent AASECT Summer Institute which was titled: Revisiting 'Sex Addiction': Transformative Ways to Address Out of Control Sexual Behavior. Dr. Joe Kort gives us an inside look at the Sex Addiction industry and tells us his personal story of trials and tribulations.
Dr. Kort graduated from Michigan State University with dual majors in Psychology and Social Work. At Wayne State University, he earned his Master's in Social Work (MSW), then a Master’s (MA) in Psychology, and has received his Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Clinical Sexology from the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists (AACS).
More about Dr. Kort:
- Teaching Faculty at University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program
- Certified IMAGO Relationship Therapist
- Board Certified Sexologist
- Member of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- Member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Member of the National Association of Certified Social Workers
- Certified AASECT Therapist, Supervisor of Sex Therapy and Member of American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Member of EMDRIA Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Michigan #6801046330